You are here: Companies & Products.
PRÜFTECHNIK NDT GmbH
Am Lenzenfleck 21
85737 Ismaning, Germany
Phone: +49-89 9 96 16-0
Fax: +49-89 96 79 90
|Number of employees||50-99|
|Year of foundation||1972|
PRÜFTECHNIK NDT – Your specialist in nondestructive testing
As a renowned specialist of eddy current inspection systems for the semi-finished products industry with over 30 years of experience, PRÜFTECHNIK NDT provides the industry with a wide portfolio of testing equipment for reliable quality control.
EDDYCHEK® and NOVAFLUX® testing equipment is used in a wide variety of different production areas, for process monitoring and for the final inspection of tubes, bars and wire. Our spectrum ranges from simple testers to complete turnkey systems that include design, planning, construction, installation and commissioning with applications varying from the testing of fine wire of only 0.1 mm in diameter to the testing of tubes with diameters up to 1000 mm (40 in).
Eddy current testing meets an extensive range of international standards including: ASTM, API, BS, JIS, ETTC, ENEL, DIN, SEP, etc.
Our range of products and solutions
PRÜFTECHNIK NDT develops practical nondestructive testing solutions for all types of semi-finished metal tube, bar and wire products during production and in final inspection:
• Hot rolled products: Special water-cooled coils test for defects on hot wire rod and bar at temperatures up to 1200 °C (2192 °F). The testing system provides defect statistics and process control data at production line speeds up to 120 m/s (394 ft/s) and diameters of 5–130 mm (up to 5”).
• Wire and bar: EDDYCHEK® testers offer highly effective flaw detection in a wide range of production methods, including drawing and recoiling lines. Rotating systems of various sizes are available for the detection of longitudinal cracks and striations with great precision.
• Cold heading: Eddy current testing can be fully integrated into cold forming processes for the reliable quality control of cold formed parts. Heading wire is tested prior to entering the cold former and parts containing the identified defects are discarded after forming.
• Weld seam: In all welding methods such as TIG, laser, HF, and ERW welding, EDDYCHEK® systems offer a highly accurate method of testing for weld seam defects during production, reliably preventing seam defects from diminishing the quality of the final product.
• Sensitive bar testing: The new NOVAFLUX® bar tester finds cracks as small as 0.1 mm in depth on black or bright steel bars. Based on flux leakage technology, NOVAFLUX® provides a reliable and reasonably priced method of inspecting diameters up to 140 mm, and is easily integrated with testing equipment already at the plant.
• Full body: Eddy current testing ensures that tubing is leakproof and meets an extensive range of international standards including ASTM, API, BS, JIS, ETTC, ENEL, EN 10246 and SEP 1925/1917/1914. Robust transducers are available in great variety for diverse testing requirements.
• Turnkey systems: We supply mechanical systems for complete testing lines in all areas of semifinished production. Systems range from simple calibration tables to fully automated testing lines. Each installation is individually designed and constructed to ensure that customer requirements are fully met.